Welcome to the Citizens Wiki! Citizens2 is an advanced NPC plugin for CraftBukkit. Unlike the original Citizens, Citizens2 allows developers to extend basic NPCs to provide varied gameplay and functionality.
- NPCs can walk, stand and talk naturally to players.
- Easy to use API for developers. This allows for brand new Characters that enhance your NPC experience.
- Monster and animal NPCs. You can create intimidating blazes around a Nether portal, welcoming sheep near the spawn, and helpful villagers in your villages. See the Commands page to see how to create a mob NPC.
- Ridable and controllable NPCs.
- Robust text editing. The new text-editing interface allows for adding, removing, and editing NPC text.
- Player- and server-owned NPCS. Server-owned NPCs can be edited by anyone with the citizens.admin permission.
- Admins can optionally charge for NPC creation and limit the number of NPCs per player.
|Usage||Installation · Frequently Asked Questions · Commands · Editors · Compatibility · API · Tutorials|
|Configuration||Data Storage · Permissions · Limits · Costs · Translations|
|Characters||Denizen · Sentry · Adventures · Alchemist · Blacksmith · DtlTraders · Quests · Builder · Postal · HyperMerchant · UltraTrader|
|Tools / Info||Downloads · 1.2 Converter · Citizens and Spout · Citizens IRC|
Can I keep my NPCs from Citizens 1?
You'll have to convert your old npc-profiles.yml files first. A converter can be found here. Once you get the saves.yml file, place it in ./plugins/Citizens/saves.yml .
Still using Citizens 1.2? The old documentation, while no longer updated or supported, can be found here.
Previous versions: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/citizens/files/
The latest dev build for specific server versions are listed here.
Citizens would not be where it is today without the contributions of these people:
fullwall and aPunch - creators of the Citizens plugin
Creeperhost - Citizens website server host
AgentK - Wiki editor, 1.x converter and script repo programmer.
aufdemrand - Wiki editor, graphic designer, and trait programmer
jrbudda - Trait programmer, wiki editor
All character/trait authors, including those not mentioned here - talk to us on IRC!
You, for trying out and using Citizens!
Also, a special thanks to all of those in IRC who have tested and to all of those who have donated! We would be nowhere without you!