Welcome to the Citizens Wiki! Citizens2 is an advanced NPC plugin for CraftBukkit. Unlike the original Citizens, Citizens2 allows developers to extend basic NPCs to provide varied gameplay and functionality.
- NPCs can walk, stand and talk naturally to players.
- Easy to use API for developers. This allows for brand new Characters that enhance your NPC experience.
- Monster and animal NPCs. You can create intimidating blazes around a Nether portal, welcoming sheep near the spawn, and helpful villagers in your villages. See the Commands page to see how to create a mob NPC.
- Ridable and controllable NPCs.
- Robust text editing. The new text-editing interface allows for adding, removing, and editing NPC text.
- Player- and server-owned NPCS. Server-owned NPCs can be edited by anyone with the citizens.admin permission.
- Admins can optionally charge for NPC creation and limit the number of NPCs per player.
|Usage||Installation · Frequently Asked Questions · Commands · Editors · Compatibility · API · Tutorials|
|Configuration||Data Storage · Permissions · Limits · Costs · Translations|
|Characters||Denizen · Sentry · Adventures · Alchemist · Blacksmith · DtlTraders · Quests · Builder · Postal · HyperMerchant · UltraTrader|
|Tools / Info||Downloads · 1.2 Converter · Citizens and Spout · Citizens IRC|
Can I keep my NPCs from Citizens 1?
You'll have to convert your old npc-profiles.yml files first. A converter can be found here. Once you get the saves.yml file, place it in ./plugins/Citizens/saves.yml .
Still using Citizens 1.2? The old documentation, while no longer updated or supported, can be found here.
Citizens would not be where it is today without the contributions of these people:
fullwall and aPunch - creators of the Citizens plugin
Creeperhost - Citizens website server host
AgentK - Wiki editor, 1.x converter and script repo programmer.
aufdemrand - Wiki editor, graphic designer, and trait programmer
jrbudda - Trait programmer, wiki editor
All character/trait authors, including those not mentioned here - talk to us on IRC!
You, for trying out and using Citizens!
Also, a special thanks to all of those in IRC who have tested and to all of those who have donated! We would be nowhere without you!