Citizens is an advanced NPC plugin for Spigot that allows developers to create and extend NPCs to provide varied gameplay and functionality for your server. This includes basic statues, shopkeepers, guards, scriptable NPCs and more.
- NPCs can walk, stand and talk naturally to players.
- Easy to use API for developers.
- Drop-in Traits that enhance your NPC experience.
- Monster and animal NPCs. You can create intimidating blazes around a Nether portal, welcoming sheep near the spawn, and helpful villagers in your villages. See the Commands page to see how to create a mob NPC.
- Ridable and controllable NPCs.
- Robust text editing. The new text-editing interface allows for adding, removing, and editing NPC text.
- Control over NPCs with triggered commands, shops, and more.
|Usage||Installation · Frequently Asked Questions · Commands · Editors · Compatibility · API|
|Configuration||Data Storage · Permissions · Limits · Costs · Translations|
|Characters||Denizen · Sentinel · Adventures · Alchemist · Blacksmith · DtlTraders · Quests · Builder · Postal · HyperMerchant|
|Tools / Info||Downloads · 1.2 Converter · Discord|
|Special Information||Minecraft 1.8 · Cracks · Skins · NPC Commands|
Got an older version? The latest version of Citizens is compatible with all major versions of Minecraft from 1.8.8 onwards (excluding older versions with less than 1% active users, such as 1.9.x). The correct build for specific server versions is listed here.
Citizens would not be where it is today without the contributions of these people:
fullwall and aPunch - creators of the Citizens plugin
aufdemrand - Wiki editor, graphic designer, and trait programmer
mcmonkey and Morphan1 - Trait programmers, wiki editors
Creeperhost - Original Citizens website server host
AgentK - Wiki editor, 1.x converter and script repo programmer.
All trait authors, including those not mentioned here - talk to us on Discord!
You, for trying out and using Citizens!
Also, a special thanks to all of those on Discord who have tested and to all of those who have donated! We would be nowhere without you!